Club Champion UK, formerly Golf Principles, was initall founded by Jason MacNiven, whose career in club-fitting began when he started working for Callaway in 1996. He quickly amassed over 10,000 hours of experience fitting golfers of all levels – including Colin Montgomerie in his prime – across the UK, Ireland, and Europe. After a lengthy career at TaylorMade, and a spell as Director of Golf at Wentworth, MacNiven founded Golf Principles in 2008 in an effort to bring the best results to every golfer he fits by offering a broad assortment of heads, shafts, and grips from most leading manufacturers.
Club Champion UK’s main fitting facility is in Basingstoke; however, it has developed partnerships with several golf clubs, including Brokenhurst and South Essex, in order to reach customers in other areas of the country.
The umbrella brand of Club Champion is primarily located in the United States, with over 100 locations there and other international studios in Scotland, Australia, and Canada. Recognized as the globe's top fitter and builder of custom golf clubs, the brand is looking to expand in the UK in the near future.
"WE WENT FROM A LOCAL START-UP TO A FLOURISHING BRAND BECAUSE WE SAW THE HUGE DIFFERENCE FITTED EQUIPMENT CAN MAKE IN A GOLFER'S GAME AND WE'RE MAKING THAT IMPROVEMENT AVAILABLE TO EVERYONE ACROSS THE GLOBE"- Joe Lee, Chairman
READY FOR A FITTING?
WE’RE ON YOUR TURF.
Club Champion’s fittings are considered the best in the industry because:
- Our fittings cover more than basic metrics— no detail is left unexamined
- We use data and science to show improvement in real-time
- We carry the largest number of equipment options, many of which are unavailable through other retailers and fitters
- Our Master Fitters are the most highly trained at the art and science of club fitting
- Our custom builds are completed by master craftsmen, not an assembly line, and are backed by a Perfect Fit Guarantee